I’ve seen so much hype over infused water, and I’ve tried a few delicious varieties made by others. So finally, I bought a pack of mason jars and mixed up four jars that are now sitting in the fridge overnight. In the meantime, I decided to lookup some benefits of infused water!
First of all, you get both the benefits of the fruit itself along with the benefits of water! That seems obvious enough. But a lot of people don’t realize the benefits of the individual ingredients themselves. I decided to lookup some of the common fruits and herbs that are used with infused water, since that’s where I’m starting out!
Good Ol’ H20
Water is obviously good for you. That’s why you’re supposed to drink eight glasses a day! But why? Here’s a few good reasons that I found:
- Cleanses and assists in the flow of toxin and waste removal from your body
- Helps with heart health, a dehydrated body means your heart has to work harder to pump oxygen!
- Helps red blood cells better carry more oxygen, meaning better muscle AND mental performance
- Lessens addictive urges – including caffeine, drugs, alcohol and binge eating
- Increases your skin health due to hydration and better toxin removal
That’s enough for me to want to drink more! I know I definitely don’t get enough water, that’s one of my biggest opportunity areas in my health journey!
- Boosts your immune system and helps fight infection
- Alkalizes the body (essentially this means it keeps your body’s necessary chemicals in balance)
- Improves skin condition
- Aids in weight loss while providing essential vitamins A and C
- Regulates blood pressure
- Boosts immune system
- Well known cancer preventative
- Maintains healthy teeth
- Stress Reducer
- Helps maintain strong vision
- Fights a number of conditions, including diabetes and high blood pressure
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps prevent heart attack
- Helps with hemorrhoids (*ahem* where my fellow pregnant ladies at?!)
- Improves overall oral health
- Helps fight congestion
- Helps with allergies by inhibiting the release of histamines (AKA the reason you get the itch, the goop and the sneezing)
- Quick remedy for nausea
- Natural mood elevator
- Helps with arthritis pain
- Strong immune system boost
- Supports brain health
- Help with skin health
So these are just some of the most popular fruits I’ve seen used in infusions! I plan to update more once I get more experimental, as I’ve seen lavender, rosemary, watermelon, etc. also being used! I’m hoping that this will help me to increase my water intake. I do tend to lean towards sweeter options, so I may try a tiny bit of honey as well! Otherwise mint is one of my absolute favorites and I think I might be a big fan of that one on it’s own or with strawberry!
What are your favorite flavors with infused water? Has it helped you drink more water? I’d love to know!
Free Spirit Babe