I am beyond excited that I was nominated for the Sunshine Award!! I was nominated by Living With Benji – if you haven’t seen his blog you really need to check it out. He has all sorts of awesome posts but my favorites are all of his photos! They are amazing! So after you’ve checked that out let’s go onto the award..
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
Here are the questions given to me!
1. If you could choose any age, what would it be?
I actually love being 22! I’m about to graduate college, I’m off to a good start on some of my biggest dreams and I get to spend my first summer in SIX years off of both work and school to spend with my baby daughter who will be arriving into the world soon! 🙂
2. If you could live a very exciting life but then die at the age of 40 or live a very boring life till the age of 99. What would you choose?
This one is honestly really tough for me! It really depends how you define exciting. I would love to do a lot of outdoor travel, yoga, photography and arts and teach my daughter the value of experience over money and societal expectation, but at the same time I’m not afraid to admit that death is one of my biggest fears. I have a huge heart and part of my enjoyment in life comes from just being around the people that I love, and emotionally it takes me a long time to recover from loss.
3. What is the one thing you love the most about yourself?
I LOVE to learn and improve myself! I’m currently in the middle of reading three different books for enjoyment: one about the unconscious mind and behavior, one about the meditation and spiritual aspects of yoga, and one about understanding your passions and purpose that includes TONS of stories from people who found their happiness by stepping out of the societal norm of a “secure, comfortable” life in order to follow what they actually loved.
4. If you had your own talkshow, what would the name be?
At the moment it would absolutely be “Ramblings of Pregnancy Brain”! Haha! 🙂 I can’t keep the same thing on my mind longer than 10-15 seconds right now…
5. If you could choose one celebrity to date, who would it be?
Absolutely 100% would go bisexual for Miley Cyrus. That’s not even a joke. (Thank goodness this is theoretical though, because I love my boyfriend to the moon and back and I couldn’t even leave him for a celebrity!) I love that even with accusations that she is just trying to be provocative, she’s actually just being weird and being herself. Look at her Instagram and tell me some of the most genuine people in their 20’s don’t have extremely similar posts. She’s not afraid to express her personality and she’s so comfortable in her body and I absolutely adore that about her. Plus her work with the Happy Hippie Foundation is absolutely amazing. She’s standing up for the people that are discriminated against because of beliefs and opinions of people who have more power than they do.
6. If you could make blogging you job, would you?
As long as I knew my blog could reach a big enough audience I would. I would use it as a position to create change, and to promote happiness for everyone! I love helping people and blogging is a great way to reach people on every corner of the world, and it would be amazing to be able to reach people and help them transform their lives through health, fitness, yoga and spending more time doing what they are truly passionate about.
7. What is your message to me?
Benji – KEEP DOING YOU! I love your interviews, I love your photos, I love that you connect with so many people! You connect with your followers, you connect to the blogs you follow, you promote the things that you see that you love! We need more of that in the world. Selflessness – an attitude that we don’t need to look at everything as “What’s in it for me?” which is something I’ve been able to see in you since I first started following you! 🙂
My Questions For You!
- What has been the absolute highlight of your week?
- Money isn’t an issue, where do you buy a plane ticket to and why?
- What is one thing (can be anything!) you really want to learn how to do?
- It’s time to play Family Feud! *insert Steve Harvey here* What household appliance could you not live without?!
- If you could choose, would you live in a flat in a prime location in the big city, or a small beach house in a remote location on the coast of the ocean?
- Think about your best friend. What’s the first word that comes to mind when you think about him/her?
- What’s your biggest goal you hope to accomplish this year?