This weekend I’m planning to take it a little bit easier than I have been lately. This absolutely does not mean I won’t be productive! I’ve just been doing more than I probably should be being that I’m 8 months pregnant! Luckily, I’ve got some good things in store that might give you some ideas if you’re trying to find some low key activities for yourself!
- Baby Shower – Okay, so maybe this one isn’t really a possibility for everyone. But my mom and my friends have planned a baby shower for me that should be so much fun. I’ll get to see a lot of my family and friends that I don’t get to see very often, plus I already am feeling beyond blessed for the love I am receiving for my daughter and the excitement from those important in my life for her arrival.
- Yoga – As if this isn’t already a given, but I love my yoga time. Finding my mental center and adapting my practice to accommodate my growing belly has become an increasingly enjoyable challenge.
- Finishing a Book – I’ve been trying to finish reading the book “Subliminal” since my first three hour glucose test. That was over a month ago! It’s such an interesting book but I always try and devote most of my reading time to my school books since graduation will be here in a few short weeks. I absolutely love books that relate to psychology and behavior so I’ve decided to make it a priority to give myself time to cuddle up and read it with a cup of tea! (If you want to check the book out for yourself, I really encourage you to buy it. I found it here at Urban Outfitters!)
- Shop Revamping – If you follow Peace Apparel Co. on any of its social media platforms, you will have seen that I am currently in the process of changing platforms away from Etsy. I’m taking a lot of time to make sure it’s setup cleanly and with a better assortment of product. As I work on re-branding, I’m planning to drop the prices on some of the items I don’t plan to transfer. I also need to take some new photos of some of the items I don’t currently have listed in Etsy. It’s actually been so much fun putting together and plan and aligning the new shop with a clearer vision.
- More Organization – I did a lot of the heavy moving last weekend (And I go myself in trouble with the boyfriend for moving heavy things by myself with the number of contractions I’ve been having, but you can’t stop a strong willed woman!) but this weekend I’m planning to do a lot of smaller things. We got a shredder, and I’m going to start storing some of our documents virtually! We have a scanner, so I decided receipts and finance documents can definitely be stored, along with miscellaneous other things. I’ll keep hard copies of important things such as our ID’s, the welcome information for our utilities, insurance, etc. and of course the titles to our cars and the deed to our house, but otherwise why keep the clutter around if we don’t have to?! I’d much rather recycle all of this paper that just sits in boxes should we ever need it.
So that’s my plans for this weekend! It may not seem like much but I guarantee it’ll keep me busy all weekend! I may fit in a trip to Urban Outfitters again, though. I stopped by today and found a book I was completely fascinated by and I absolutely regret not buying, called Do Less. I would love to incorporate more minimalistic aspects into my life, because I think a simpler life leads to a happier life.
Do you have any good plans you’re looking forward to this weekend? I’d love to hear them!
Free Spirit Babe