This is just a quick post! I found a pin on Pinterest (you’ll find it on my “Drink Up” board) for this delicious sounding warm weather refresher called Brazilian Lemonade. Unfortunately, Burnsville is apparently in high demand of limes because there were only two left at the store! So I decided to get a little creative and I modified it to get the most AMAZING lemonade! It seriously is one of the most delicious things I’ve ever tasted and I love that I can control the amount of sugar that I add and I know it’s all fresh, organic fruit without added preservatives!
Brazilian Blackberry Lemonade
- 6c of water
- 4 lemons
- A handful of blackberries
- 1c of sugar (this does make it really sweet, so you can opt for less to start and add to taste)
- 6tbsp sweetened condensed milk
*Note* Depending on the size of your blender, you may want to do half of the recipe at a time! I use a Ninja and mine was cutting it really close when I actually started pulsing it!
- Thoroughly wash the lemons (you’ll be using the whole lemon to get all of the nutrients!)
- Slice off both ends of each of the lemons and slice into thin slices. I got about 6 slices per lemon.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender and use the “Pulse” setting about 6-8 times, about 2-3 seconds each time.
- Strain the liquid into a pitcher through a fine, mesh strainer. This isn’t as much to strain out the pulp as it is the lemon rind.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Seriously, though. This is a summer day in a glass! You can easily sub the blackberries for different in-season berries.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Please share any variations you try!
Free Spirit Babe